Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Raffa continued


Since meeting her... Raffa called me often, came to the Christmas concert (which is for another post..) and had us over for dinner twice. She called us her sisters- and my heart screamed out, "YES YES! If only I could tell you how true that is!! We are literally sisters!!". She brought us so much happiness and taught me through example more of how I want to be. She amazed me with her thoughtfulness, meekness, humility.. her ability to raise 5 kids so well AND go to school full time! She demonstrated true devotion to her God and lived the laws of Islam with sincerity and humility.




The night before we left.... I was at dinner... and was suddenly HIT with a very distinct impression of the words in my mind, "CHECK YOUR PHONE." I dropped everything and SPRINTED downstairs... feeling that it had to do with Raffa. I looked at my phone at there were 5 missed calls from Raffa. When I called her back, she said she had been at the gate for 30 minutes trying to get in to see us one last time. I didn't know she was coming, but the Spirit allowed me another opportunity to see her. I sprinted up to the 8th floor and ran out to the gate to find her, Hala, and her husband all in the car waiting to see us!!



Words can't express how sweet and tender the feelings were between us this night. She had brought us trays of baklava to bring home to our families...



and as we hugged kissed goodbye... we tearfully acknowledged that without a doubt... the Lord had ensured our acquaintance and that our friendship would always last. I am so grateful to have the blessing of meeting, being with, and learning from Raffa and her family. They brought so much love and bliss to my Holy Land experience. The essence of the warmth and love of the Palestinian people were perfectly exemplified by her.

1 comment:

于呈均名 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。......................................................................