Saturday, December 12, 2009

Shabbat Shalom

I couldn't have asked for a lovelier last sabbath here.
  • Church was so edifying. I can't believe the wisdom and strength that constantly surrounds me. Not to mention that we have a spectacular view of the old city (My Old City as I like to refer to it in my head) in front of our eyes the entire time.
  • I spent the afternoon in the garden of Gethsemane. That fact alone is an amazing one.
    • While we were walking down to the garden I heard the chilling sound of many, many angry voices in unison and realized that somewhere nearby in the city a riot was going on. The hatred I could hear and sense filled me with such sadness. At the same time as the shouting I could hear the bells of the church of the Mary Magdalene. The sky was apocalyptically gray and the wind was a little cruel, and I was on my way to the spot where the most sacred and important event in the history of the world took place. The whole scenario was a little bizarre. But as I sat in the garden I thought about the peace that a knowledge of what happened in that place brings to me. And I thought how desperately I've come to love this place and its people and how I wish they would accept their Savior and partake of that same peace.
Anyway.

  • This evening we had the triclinium last supper experience in the magnificent auditorium. They had a table set up like it would have been at the last supper, to recline and eat with the right hand. We read John 13-17 outloud and had some beautiful music. Kali and I got to sing with our friends Teren and Jon, with Amy on the piano and Molly on the violin. Besides the fact that I seem to be extra emotional these days anyway, this song touches me so deeply every time I think of it.

Here are the words:
"Lamb of God"
Your only Son, no sin to hide.
But you have sent Him from your side
to walk upon this guilty sod
and to become the Lamb of God.

Your gift of love they crucified.
They laughed and scorned Him as He died.
The humble King they named a fraud,
and sacrificed the Lamb of Go

O Lamb of God, sweet Lamb of God,
I love the holy Lamb of God.
O wash me in Your precious blood,
My Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.

I was so lost, I should have died,
but You have brought me to Your side
to be lefd by Your staff and rod
and to be called a Lamb of God.

O Lamb of God, sweet Lamb of God,
I love the holy Lamb of God.
O wash me in Your precious bloodm
'till I am just a Lamb of God.

Good Sabbath to you all. I'll be home so so soon!
God is love.
He Lives.
And that's what I'll never stop singing.

No comments: